Prepare for the Overlords!
Friday, October 31, 2008
17. The Mobile, Dexterous, Social Robot - TIME's Best Inventions of 2008 - TIMENexi is the first of a new class of robot being developed at MIT's Media Lab and referred to as MDS, which stands for mobile, dexterous, social. Nexi can, or eventually will be able to, move around on wheels (hence mobile), and it can pick up objects (dexterous). But its most striking feature is its humanlike, albeit creepy, face, which can express a startling range of emotions (social).
- 24. Bionic Contacts - TIME's Best Inventions of 20...
- 17. The Mobile, Dexterous, Social Robot - TIME's B...
- 14. The Bionic Hand - TIME's Best Inventions of 20...
- Turn on, jack in, zone out - the coming of the glo...
- Expectation of Machine Intelligence Could Change S...
- Technorati Profile
- The Rise of the Machines
- ▼ October (7)
- ► 2007 (29)
- ► 2006 (85)
- ► 2005 (113)
- ► 2004 (150)