New Scientist: "Secret of eternal life may give cancer cure
15:36 30 April 04
NewScientist.com news service
A new system that helps cells stave off the ravages of time has been discovered by scientists. The find may help explain how some cancer cells live forever - and provide a new route of attack for up to one in 10 tumours, they say.
The system keeps cells youthful by adding thimble-like caps to the ends of chromosomes to protect them from damage and ageing, says the international team led by scientists at Cancer Research UK.
They estimate that up to 10 per cent of cancer cells may rely on this capping system to grow and divide well past their natural life expectancy"
Prepare for the Overlords!
- ► 2008 (24)
- ► 2007 (29)
- ► 2006 (85)
- ► 2005 (113)
- Yahoo! News Message Boards Politics News: "RNC Pos...
- New Scientist: "Secret of eternal life may give ca...
- Yahoo! News Message Boards Politics News: "If Bush...
- CNN.com - Contact Us: "We have CNN following our g...
- Yahoo! News Message Boards Politics News: "Bush ha...
- Capitalists for Hillarycare - Look who's supportin...
- The New York Times: Maureen Dowd (Forum/Message Bo...
- The New York Times: David Brooks (Forum/Message Bo...
- ▼ April (8)