Prepare for the Overlords!
Friday, March 17, 2006
psychiatry-research : Message: Article: Ion Channel Interaction Sheds Light On Epilepsy, Other Neurological Disorders: "Researchers at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine have discovered the mechanism that facilitates how two ion channels collaborate in the control of electrical signals in the brain. The investigators showed that the channels were anchored by a third protein at key locations on the nerve cell surface, allowing them to work together to set the timing and pattern of nerve impulses. They also found that this channel partnership mechanism is present in all vertebrates, but is lacking in invertebrates, suggesting that the coupling of these channels may be essential for the higher abilities of vertebrate brains. The elucidation of this novel interaction should aid efforts to develop new treatments for epileptic seizures, pain, and abnormal muscle movements. They report their findings in the cover article of the March 8 issue of the Journal of Neuroscience."
- ► 2008 (24)
- ► 2007 (29)
- Mommy, I Want My Tax Cut! - Do whiny kids grow up ...
- My problem with people that have BPD - www.ezboard...
- psychiatry-research : Message: Article: Ion Channe...
- 'American Theocracy,' by Kevin Phillips - The New ...
- www.myspace.com/crackedpavement: "Clinically, a pe...
- Yahoo! 360�: "Sent To: ��esce?di?g�A?ge?�, *Cara*,...
- ▼ March (6)
- ► 2005 (113)
- ► 2004 (150)