Prepare for the Overlords!

Facebook Badge

Saturday, June 26, 2004

Cheney Defends Use Of Four-Letter Word (washingtonpost.com): "The forceful defense by Cheney came as much of Washington was discussing his outburst on the Senate floor in which a chance encounter with Leahy during a photo session in the usually decorous Senate chamber ended in colorful profanity. The obscenity was published in yesterday's editions of The Washington Post.
President Bush had made his vow to 'change the tone in Washington' a central part of his 2000 campaign, calling bipartisan cooperation 'the challenge of our moment.'
'Our nation must rise above a house divided,' he said in his victory speech in December 2000. 'I know America wants reconciliation and unity. I know Americans want progress. And we will seize this moment and deliver.'
Cheney said yesterday he was in no mood to exchange pleasantries with Leahy because Leahy had 'challenged my integrity' by making charges of cronyism between Cheney and his former firm, Halliburton Co. Leahy on Monday had a conference call to kick off the Democratic National Committee's 'Halliburton Week' focusing on Cheney"

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
eureka, California, United States
As Popeye once said,"I ams what I am." But then again maybe I'm not