Prepare for the Overlords!

Facebook Badge

Friday, August 13, 2004

Yahoo! News Message Boards Politics News: "One-third of President Bush's tax cuts have gone to the wealthiest 1 percent of Americans, shifting more burden to middle-income taxpayers, congressional analysts said on Friday.

IT'S THE RICH, STUPID
by: cat00012000 08/13/04 07:48
It's the party of the rich. It's for the people who think greed is good. I know it takes compromise, and people need to take care of themselves. There is such a thing as exploitation, however. This is a cultural thing"


BUSH NOW, PAY LATER
by: cat00012000 08/13/04 07:58 pm
Msg: 2369 of 2389

I really do think Bush means well. He really does believe in what he is doing. If people would just bend to his will everything would be hunky dory. Unfortunately things don't always have a happy ending. Giving the IRS a holiday is like giving the police a holiday. The destruction can't be undone.

WHY DO THE RICH HAVE TO PAY SO MUCH?
by: cat00012000 08/13/04 08:11 pm
Msg: 2381 of 2391

For one thing, the rich own so much. If there was a national property tax the rich could pay the same percentage as everyone else. The rich monopolize most of the wealth therefore they get the burden of protecting it. I'm afraid you can't have your money and spend it too. Also I thought it was the liberals who had the corner on whining. Who's whining now?

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
eureka, California, United States
As Popeye once said,"I ams what I am." But then again maybe I'm not