Prepare for the Overlords!

Facebook Badge

Sunday, February 01, 2004

Yahoo! Groups : bpd-supportgroup Post Message: "To: bpd-supportgroup@yahoogroups.com
From: cat
Date: Sun Feb 1, 2004 1:06 pm
Subject: first post
Hi,

My screen name is Cat. I don't correspond with people much. I
look at
this as an opportunity to interact with others. I'm a 53 year old
male bipolar with bpd. I've been on disability for 17 years. A couple
of years ago I found an old house on the edge of a small town where
I'm living now. I live in social isolation as I have never been able
to maintain relationships and have given up on even initiating them.
Believe it or not I've found it rather peaceful. It was rough at
first, but what is life without a challenge? I've been keeping my eye
on the group for a while now. I think it's hard to keep tabs on
something you're not personally involved in however. So now I'm
involved. I really don't have any problems that I want to discuss at
this time. It's not that I don't have more than enough problems. I
just seem to do better when I see my situation reflected in someone
else's problems. Really, I think I've taken the biggest step in just
reaching out. Cat Stevens has a song, ' The First Cut Is The
Deepest'. That's kind of the way I feel about correspondence. I
always seem to start out with totally unrealistic expectations. It's
like starting a football game. I have to get my bell rung a couple of
times to get me in the game. You'd think an old man would have it a
little more together. Anyway, it's good to be here."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
eureka, California, United States
As Popeye once said,"I ams what I am." But then again maybe I'm not