Prepare for the Overlords!

Facebook Badge

Friday, November 21, 2003

G.O.P. to Run an Ad for Bush on Terror Issue: "'Some are now attacking the president for attacking the terrorists.'"Yeah, lets attack Bush for protecting us. Am I protesting too much? Is this guy going to get re-elected? The over simplification that is going on here is monumental. Of course, that would be indictcative of the same thing on my part.

By indirectly invoking the Sept. 11 attacks, the commercial plays to what White House officials have long contended is Mr. Bush's biggest political advantage: his initial handling of the aftermath of the attacksThis guy ran like a scared little kid! Give me a break!. Sure the Secret Service told him to, but he is the one that gave the order to turn and run. And the press doesn't call him on it! What am I missing here? Not only that but the guy tried to lie about it afterward.

"Some call for us to retreat, putting our national security in the hands of others," then urges viewers to tell Congress "to support the president's policy of pre-emptive self defense."
Why can't these guys be this good at twisting things around when they are coming up with the poicies themselves. This is the strength of the conservative mindset. My favorite quote of Bush's:"My job is not to nuance"

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
eureka, California, United States
As Popeye once said,"I ams what I am." But then again maybe I'm not