Prepare for the Overlords!

Facebook Badge

Friday, July 25, 2003

07.22.2003 - Researchers help define what makes a political conservative: "the core of political conservatism is the resistance to change and a tolerance for inequality"

punish outsiders and those who threaten the status of cherished world views

President Ronald Reagan were individuals, but all were right-wing conservatives because they preached a return to an idealized past and condoned inequality in some form. Talk host Rush Limbaugh can be described the same way. I'm not looking to provoke anybody, but isn't this exactly the way Hitler looked at things. I know comparing people to Hitler is unproductive, but the truth is the truth.

The researchers said that conservative ideologies, like virtually all belief systems, develop in part because they satisfy some psychological needs, but that "does not mean that conservatism is pathological or that conservative beliefs are necessarily false, irrational, or unprincipled

Bush told a British reporter, "Look, my job isn't to nuance."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
eureka, California, United States
As Popeye once said,"I ams what I am." But then again maybe I'm not