Prepare for the Overlords!

Facebook Badge

Friday, July 18, 2003

Good morning. I've been thinking about my research if I could call it that. Call it an experiment. I've had this image in my mind, but now that I survey the literature (the web) I see I need to focus on what is possible. I think what I want is multiple inputs and outputs. Lots of senses mainly proprioceptive and multiple muscles. Why? Because that's what it takes to grow complexity. Now I need to adapt those desires to what it availible. I should reach out to other experimenters of the hobbyist variety. I would like to keep assembly to an absolute minimum as that is where I tend to end in failure. I'm not good at it. It's easy to get overwelmed by minutiae. Am I making excuses here? I just have to keep from getting sucked in to something that is beyond my skill level. I'm learning that hooking up a motor to a computer is not nearly as simple as I anticipated. Maybe that is what research is all about, however.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
eureka, California, United States
As Popeye once said,"I ams what I am." But then again maybe I'm not