Prepare for the Overlords!

Facebook Badge

Monday, July 14, 2003

The Smirking Chimp: "If a sitting president can wipe the slate clean at a time when he was trying to convince the American people that invading Iraq was in our national security interests and misleading the country into a war in which our men and women as well as thousands of Iraqi civilians would die, certainly an admission of having sex should put an end to the diatribe that still fills the AM dial.

It seems like the entire administration is in lockstep over this little 'oversight.'

Donald Rumsfeld testified in front of a congressional hearing last week saying that he just found out about the Niger report being false in the last couple days. And he said it with a straight face.

White House Chief of Staff Jon Lovitz... yeah... that's the ticket! Is Saturday Night Live alum Jon Lovitz running this administration?

'Yeah, I, uh, didn't know about the forgery until just this week. I, uh, was out of the office and forgot to read any CIA reports or newspapers over the past year.

'Yeah, that's the ticket.'" I know I'm going a little overboard here, but what the hell.

"If the CIA -- the director of central intelligence -- had said take this out of the speech -- it would have been gone," Rice said. "We have a high standard for the president's speeches."

Rice also added, "I'm not blaming anyone here."

You have to understand how it felt when all this started, and I thought he was going to get away with it.

Rummy pushed another backpedaling spin point: "We never said they had nuclear weapons, we said they had a nuclear program." (Never mind that Misadministration officials claimed that Saddam had between 100 and 500 tons of chemical and/or biological weapons.)

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
eureka, California, United States
As Popeye once said,"I ams what I am." But then again maybe I'm not