Prepare for the Overlords!

Facebook Badge

Thursday, July 10, 2003

Dean's supporters "have been energized by the willingness of Howard Dean to do what the DLC and the Democratic leaders in Washington have been so unwilling to do: match George W. Bush word for word, and call every lie he tells a lie."Among Democrats, The Energy Seems To Be on the Left (washingtonpost.com): "'The DLC strategy of waffling GOP-lite centrism has been a near total failure for the Democratic Party,' "

Wouldn't it be nice if we didn't have to have these wild fluctuations from one wild extreme to the other? One thing centrism might be able to do also is keep the Democrats in power longer. On the other hand look at Reagan/Bush. Reagan was no moderate. I think, however that we were in a real conservative cycle that this Bush might be the last part of. I was 18 when Nixon was elected. I was 42 when Clinton was elected. In that time there were four years of Jimmy Carter. I would call that a big conservative cycle! Now Bush is catching the tail end of it. At least that is what I hope this is.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
eureka, California, United States
As Popeye once said,"I ams what I am." But then again maybe I'm not