Prepare for the Overlords!

Facebook Badge

Sunday, July 13, 2003

I find this hard to understand:Gates Aims Billions to Attack Illnesses of World's Neediest: "'There is no question that there is an effect of their financing slowing and stopping other funders,' Dr. Berkeley said.

I find this article very moving.

Mr. Gates is clearly intent on spending his billions effectively, but he says he measures the effect of his philanthropy in simple terms.

"With world health," he said, "every life you save is a wonderful thing, so it's not this question of whether you solve it or you don't. The chance of completely solving the problems has long odds.

"But really, the thing is that you get to save the first child, the second child, the third child. You can just feel good about that."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
eureka, California, United States
As Popeye once said,"I ams what I am." But then again maybe I'm not