Prepare for the Overlords!

Facebook Badge

Wednesday, July 09, 2003

This is a goood example of how unknowable the future is. No one has a clue as to what is coming up next. Some people may be working on something they know will make a big splash. That, however, is much like a stopped clock that is right twice a day. No one really knows what others are up to. The one thing you can say about futurists is that they have never predicted anything important correctly. I know I'm making a big deal out of this. I guess I just get the feeling a lot of media people like to think they have their finger on the pulse of what is to come. They don't. I think it is the nature of things that what really ends up happening has to start out as a secret. If it doesn't just the attention it recieves makes it take a turn that no one would have predicted.Smart Mobs - The Next Social Revolution by Howard Rheingold: "U.S. and Australian researchers have 'created what they call a new class of creative beings, 'the semi-living artist' -- a picture-drawing robot in Perth, Australia whose movements are controlled by the brain signals of cultured rat cells in Atlanta.'"

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
eureka, California, United States
As Popeye once said,"I ams what I am." But then again maybe I'm not